Simple 3 ingredient vegan pancakes
American style pancakes are absolutely one of my favourite foods. Breakfast foods are not just for breakfast and pancakes are not just for pancake day. I’m always looking for dairy free/vegan alternatives to my favourite dishes and whilst I love to cook. I am a lazy cook.
These dairy free pancakes are a very tasty alternative and super quick and easy to make without using any weird hard to source ingredients.
- 100g of porridge oats
- 185ml vegan milk (I prefer oat milk)
- 1 banana (the riper, the sweeter)
Makes 3-4 large pancakes or 5-6 mini ones
- Add all the ingredients into a blender to create the batter (if you don’t have a blender you can mash the banana and still make the batter albeit a little chunkier but still tastes damn good). You can also add some maple syrup at this point if you want to make them extra sweet but I prefer to add once cooked
2. Add some oil to a pan and pour the batter in. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until goldeny brown and the batter is no longer sticky
3. Serve with your favourite toppings. My personal fave is some sort of fruit and a generous lathering of maple syrup