Simple Leek and Potato Soup Recipe (vegan)
One of my favourite comfort foods is my homemade Leek and Potato soup recipe. It’s a simple but effective homely soup that I make at least once a month. I also occasionally double the batch and freeze some for those days you really cant be assed to cook and just need to grab something from the freezer.
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients to make the soup:
- 2 Leeks
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 veg stock cubes
- 1 litre of boiling water
- 1 tsp of garlic puree (or chopped garlic)
Serves 4 small bowls or two big ass bowls
- Chop the leeks and onions into chunks or as finely as you please and fry in a large sauce pan with a tiny bit of oil for 5-10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into chunks and add them to the pan with the onions and leeks for a couple of minutes and then add the boiling water and stock cube and season generously and add your garlic.
- Leave to boil for 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Add more water if needed
- Take off the heat and serve with crusty bread. Tastes even better the next day warmed up and if you prefer your soup smoother you can stick in a blender before serving.